IBS: We Brake for Less Expensive Competition

I don’t know about you, but I’d think twice before giving my organization the same three-letter acronym as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I say that not-so-safe in the knowledge that the International Benchrest Shooters could easily remove one of my earlobes for that remark, from 1000 yards. As long as they had something stable upon which to rest their rifle. Where was I? Oh yes, bulletin.accurateshooter.com reports that IBS long-range shooters may now use muzzle brakes in the Heavy Gun class. “This will allow the Light Guns (which often have muzzle brakes) to compete in both classes. [ED: light sabers are still out, apparently.] The purpose of the change is to draw more competitors, and allow those shooters, who can only afford one rifle, to shoot in both classes.” Excellent compensation, so to speak . . .

Share Robert Farago is the Publisher and Managing Editor of The Truth About Guns (TTAG). He started the site to explore the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun (yes fun) of guns.

View the original article here