What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Peace, Love and Paternalism Edition

Aaron Moore joined his father Larry’s company in 2002. Shortly thereafter Laserlyte introduced what cheaperthandirt.com calls a “tongue-in-cheek pistol bayonet.” Apparently, there was much merriment to be had from this pistol-mounted pig sticker. And that’s before anyone discussed recoil or holstering issues. “[Aaron] chuckled and said, “Yes, That idea actually came up while having a few beers with someone from KA-BAR. We were initially joking about it at first, but the next day I kept thinking about it. I talked to my father about it, and he thought it was a crazy idea at first, but I kept developing it. I drew up a design and he still thought it was crazy, and when I went back to KA-BAR with it they thought I was crazy too. Eventually we got to the stage where we were tooling up for production, which is very expensive, and everyone still thought it was a crazy product. But, we stuck with it [so to speak] and people loved it.”

Share Robert Farago is the Publisher and Managing Editor of The Truth About Guns (TTAG). He started the site to explore the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun (yes fun) of guns.

View the original article here