Knight’s Armament Knight Hawk Limited Edition

The Knight’s Armament Knight Hawk Limited Edition set includes a custom KAC SR-15 E3 Rifle, a custom .45 ACP Nighthawk 1911 and a custom Strider Knife. Only 100 sets will be sold.

knight hawk 01 tfb1 Knight’s Armament Knight Hawk Limited Edition photo

More information and photos at Guns, Holsters and Gear.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the "golf ball" pattern. What you think of the look? Sound off in the poll below.

Ha,there’s one of these for airsoft, http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32202

The dimple design was very popular last year but it fell off the radar with each passing months.

Because when I am in the market for tacky looking overpriced guns, I like to buy two at a time.

Looks great on the rifle, but dumb on the pistol. Should make for a real high-speed low-drag gun though!

Golf ball pattern is fine on the barrel… ugly on furniture

It’s got speed holes, proven to lower drag on a flying object therefore these must be the best high speed low drag gear out there ever. That was sarcasm.

Yet another offering of a DI AR-15 and an M1911 – woot. I’m not surprised by the golf ball patterning, manufacturers need to come up with gimmicks to try and keep the consumer interested.

I am surprised by the ‘decisiveness’ of the poll – Love, Hate, Apathy being the only choices. Honestly, I don’t know enough about the pattern to make an informed (and somewhat highly emotive) choice.

I have no information about how it performs in the real world or how it compares to other patterns or if the golf ball effect is even needed. From a visual standpoint, not my thing, but in the gun world, ugly doesn’t always equate to ineffective.

As they’re only making a 100 of them and knowing that they’ll be priced beyond the reach of mere mortals, I can’t muster the energy for ‘Hate’.

Of course, when other AR-15 and M1911 makers copy this pattern instead of truly innovating their products in order to milk the last few dollars from your overstretched pocket, then I will probably hate it with a vengeance.

Did anybody else see that episode of Mythbusters where they gave a car the golf ball look, and found out that it slightly decreased air resistance?

Maybe that’s what Knight’s Armament was going for. Because people are so worried about the air resistance of their firearms. :P

It looks like it was bedazzled. A pimp gun for the modern era.

I remember, many years ago, some company produced some biker helmets with this golfball design. I haven’t heard anything about those since then, and I think that was ~20 years ago.

Back then the explanation was that the design of the golfball had certain aerodynamic qualities and they wanted to bring that over to bikers.

I’m not quite sure what the point of such a design on a gun would be. It certainly doesn’t make the bullets fly faster. The only positive thing I can see is using these dents for further “beautification”. With enough money one could, let’s say, lay in some diamonds or stuff. Outside of that… Give me a simple gun. I don’t need this stuff.

I’m with Mount. It looks good on the rifle, not so much on the pistol. Plus, it’s a freakin’ SR-15E3!!!

It should greatly reduce air resistance if you have to use either as an improvised thrown weapon.


View the original article here